How to know/find which Azure AD edition do we have? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have Office 365 tenant with many users, and we do not have nor use Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS).

My question is: How can I find out what Azure AD edition do we have? Is there any option in the UI that tells what Azure AD edition e.g. Basic, Premium P1, or Premium P2 that we have?

Thank you & Please let me know!

Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can check the Azure AD edition you have on the home page of Azure Active Directory. 
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:13 AM
  • When I go to: https://aad.portal.azure.com > In the Overview Dashboard section, I can see "Azure AD Premium P1" !

But, Does that mean I only have my AD account as Azure AD Premium P1? Or, Does it mean that all our users in the tenant have the same Azure AD Premium P1 as well?

Anyway to confirm this, Please?

Thursday, December 6, 2018 12:25 PM
  • This only implies that you have Azure AD Premium P1 licenses in your tenant. So premium tenant specific features are available for your tenant. 

You can check how many licenses you have by navigating to Azure Active Directory > Licenses > All products. 

If you want to see how many premium P1 licenses are assigned and to whom then select the premium P1 license from All products and navigate to Licensed users tab.

Saturday, December 8, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Manoj,

I did follow your instructions by going to all purchased products via: https://aad.portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/LicensesMenuBlade/Overview 

I did not find "Azure AD Premium P1" nor any other "Azure AD" editions listed there at all which is strange !

Any clue? Please!

Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:20 PM
  • Hi,

Azure AD Premium could be included in EMS (Enterprise Mobility and Security ) license if it's not purchased separately. 

You can check what services are included in each licensing model by selecting all purchased products. Once you are there select one of the licenses you see there and then go to service plan details. It will show you all the services included in that license. 

If this does not work, just let me know what products you see (screenshot/list them ) and I will help you.

Monday, December 10, 2018 4:44 AM
  • Checking in if you were able to resolve the issue. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above replies. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution.
    Thanks
    Saurabh
    Friday, December 21, 2018 1:19 AM