Master-detail view & editing in MDS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can I have a Master-detail view & editing in MDS?

I see the hierarchies are a manner of work, but it's not exactly what I expect.

Regards,

Marius
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:55 PM

Answers

• I will answer myself meanwhile.

There is no specific master/detail view for data. In exchange, a derived hierarchy can be used for this - by having Product & ProductLine on levels 1 and 2, for example. Then you can edit the hierarchy; it allows you have a tree view on all the levels - then, on the right side, you can see the leaf members for the currently selected node, which may be in our case the ProductLines of a Product node.

Hope it helped,

Marius
    Friday, July 2, 2010 3:40 PM

All replies

• Not sure what you're asking.  Can you elaborate?
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:23 PM
  • Hi Denise,

The typical example is a list of Products on what I need to view/edit the Product Lines (by selecting a Product, I see its line details below).

Marius
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 7:54 AM
  • I will answer myself meanwhile.

There is no specific master/detail view for data. In exchange, a derived hierarchy can be used for this - by having Product & ProductLine on levels 1 and 2, for example. Then you can edit the hierarchy; it allows you have a tree view on all the levels - then, on the right side, you can see the leaf members for the currently selected node, which may be in our case the ProductLines of a Product node.

Hope it helped,

Marius
    Friday, July 2, 2010 3:40 PM