none
Allow Excel.xlsm file to be used by tablet that does not have Excel installed RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

I have created a workbook in Excel (.xlsm file) and I want to use it on a tablet that does not have Excel installed.

How can I do that?

It has 5 worksheets with formulas, drop-downs, and conditional formatting.  

Thank you and best regards,

Julie KR

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm afraid it is impossible to use an Excel file with macro (.xlsm) on a tablet.
    If it is a simple Excel file without macro (.xlsx), we can handle it on a tablet, but it requires Excel.

# Formula, drop-downs, and conditional formatting.... you don't have to macro/VBA in an Excel file for using them, i.e. it can be .xlsx, instead of .xlsm.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:47 AM
  • Hello,

As Ashidacchi said, it is impossible to run macro enabled files on a tablet without Excel installed.

To run macro on tablets with Excel installed, please visit the similar thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_mobile-excel/can-windows-8-tablets-run-macro-enabled-excel/14a4a637-7353-412d-b547-fb88676ca2ea?db=5:

To use macros, add-ins, forms with custom code, or other custom programs in Office documents, you need a version of Office other than Office Home & Student 2013 RT on a computer or tablet not powered by Windows RT. Other versions of Office cannot be installed on Windows RT devices. For example, Office Home & Student 2013 and Office Professional 2013 support these features but cannot be installed on Windows RT devices.

Besides, this forum is for development issues when using Excel Object Model. For your issue about using Office in tablets, please post on the following forum: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_amobile

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 2:09 AM