none
The Performance of ReportViewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My application seems to have a critical loss of the performance of reportviewer depends on the device the application is executed.

While I debugged the application on my computer which had installed visual studio, there weren't any problems with reportviewer. However, if the application is executed on the computer that has not installed any visual studio, it obviously slows down while it loads data.

on the computer that has installed visual studio, it just takes few seconds to load about 100 data.

On the other hand, it took more than 10 seconds to load the same data when I attempted on the computer which had not installed visual studio.

I dont  even know if  I am right or not, but I assume dlls are the cause of this problem, so I'll list up the dlls I copied on local to operate the reportviewer functions below.

・Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll

・Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.DLL

・Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll

・Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.dll

I have no idea if the loss of the persformance is related to dll that I should have put in the same directory as the exe file. 

If you know any ways to solve this, please let me know.

any help appreciated.

thanks.

• Edited by justStartedWpf Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:21 AM
    • Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:28 AM Report Control forum
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:20 AM

All replies

• How fast if you load the report locally?

What configuration is your server or machine?

How you build the dataset?

All these factors contributed to your performance of your report.

chanmm

chanmm

Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:35 AM
  • Can you separate the data retrieval from the reporting instantiation produce? You may have a database retrieval problem that is masked by the reporting process.  
    Friday, December 26, 2014 8:18 PM