none
VB.Net Support in .net Core 3.1 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello sir 

I have downloaded some Example From docs.microsoft.com/en-us/samples/browse/?redirectedfrom=MSDN-samples&languages=vb&products=dotnet-core#content In Which Projects available in visual basic with .net core 3.1 but in my visual studio 2019 community edition i can not do that. how can i add microsoft.windowsdesktop.app.ref in my vb core.net project

Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:30 PM

All replies

• Have not done anything with VB.NET for Windows Forms, iMHO (number one thing is minimal support for forms along with some class a) missing b) others are not fully there yet) not ready for prime time. What I have done is to create traditional Windows Forms project with a backend Entity Framework Core 3.1 solution and that works well.

What is working well (and this is talking above language) is ASP.NET Core but I know that is not what you are asking yet though it prudent to mention this).

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, March 22, 2020 9:51 PM
  • I think you may be able to install VB.NET Core template off of the VS installer. The installer is at the bottom of the Create New Projects page when you scroll down past all the available project templates. It may be there,  but I can't tell, becuase the installer wants to update itself.  It stops in the middle of the update on a file is locked due to another process  has it locked. I don't know, becuase I shutdown VS and tried the installer update with the same result about a file is locked.  
    Monday, March 23, 2020 1:42 AM
  • I can't found vb.net winforms/wpf project template with .net core 3.0 Or Higher
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:48 AM
  • I can't found vb.net winforms/wpf project template with .net core 3.0 Or Higher
    https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/idea/750543/add-visual-basic-support-to-net-core-3-wpfwindows.html
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:56 AM