Can I use Blazor for my new project RRS feed

• Question

• User283528319 posted

Hi all,

I always imagined and said "It would be nice to write .net projects without need of javascript.

Finally Microsoft answered my wishes and created blazor.

However now I have another problem.

Even though it feels overwhelming I know JavaScript and therefore I am inclined to use it. Because I don't know Blazor and not sure to learn it

Any ideas about this?

Blazor is worth to learn for my new project?

Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:35 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

You are the only one that knows the "worth" of learning Blazor.  I recommend learning Blazor.  That way you can compare Blazor to JavaScript and come to your own conclusion.   The learning effort is up to you.

Thursday, September 17, 2020 10:55 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

Also remember blazor is for writing a SPA/PWA application, not a website. So it will depend on your application requirements. 

Thursday, September 17, 2020 2:38 PM
  • User711641945 posted

Hi fatihbarut,

Any ideas about this?

Blazor is worth to learn for my new project?

Of course,I think it is worth to learning Blazor.

Compare to Javascritpt,it has the following advantage:

• C# and ASP.NET can be used both on the client and server-side. Currently the cost of switching is high and removing the need for JavaScript libraries would reduce this. It is more or less the same argument for using Node.js on the server-side. But in the case of Blazor you remove JavaScript in favour for C# and ASP.NET. 

• You can use shared models (or even functional code) that will reduce duplicate code, will save time and prevent mistakes caused by client-server model mismatch.

Best Regards,

Rena

Friday, September 18, 2020 7:42 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

You can get the same benefit of common objects and libraries by switching to node for the web server, you can even get server pre-render. Next.js has very cool pre-render to build static pages if your a react developer.

I think it’s worth learning blazor if you’re in the Microsoft ecosystem, as they are putting a lot of effort into it. You will learn when you should use it and why. It’s real potential is still probably dependent on improvements in WASM, such as thread support and better memory management for building a GC (required for .net to be native code rather than being an interpreter).

Friday, September 18, 2020 2:54 PM