How to List All SPD Workflows? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to list all SPD workflows?  I would like to gather an inventory of all SPD workflows for a specific site collection and all subsites, and am wondering if there is a way through SPD or perhaps STSADM command to list workflows as an alternative to having to open up each site individually to check.

I am using MOSS 2007 and SPD 2007, both SP2. 

Thank you in advance,
    Chanda

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:53 AM

All replies

• HI Chanda,

If you open your site in SharePoint Designer, In File menu click on Open Workflow, there you will find existing workflows.

Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks to share your post.

For the issue, do you meant that you want to list all the workflows in the SharePoint site? If yes, you should go to the SharePoint site-> site settings-> site collection workflows. There are the workflow lists in the site collection. If you want to achieve other features, you may open this page in the SharePoint designer, and add some links there.

Hope this could help you!

Leo

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, March 11, 2011 8:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Chanda Cole Friday, April 1, 2011 7:48 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Leoyi,

Thank you for the reply; however, this doesn't address my question.  When I choose Site Actions > Site Settings > Workflows, I am given a list of the workflows that have been published as features to the site collection.  What I am looking for is a list of all of the workflows, for the entire site collection (including all subsites), that I have created in SharePoint Designer.

Thanks again,

Chanda

Friday, April 1, 2011 7:50 PM
  • Hi Neerubee,

Thank you for the reply.  I understand that I can can view the workflows for a site through SharePoint Designer, either through the File > Open menu, or by selecting the Workflow component in the folder list.  What I would like to do is get a complete inventory of all SPD workflows for the entire site collections (including all subsites).  Using SharePoint Designer as you have described requires that I open up roughly 50 sites/subsites to check each one individually which is quite cumbersome, hence my question about a quicker way to do it.

Thanks again,

Chanda

Friday, April 1, 2011 7:54 PM
  • You'll need to create a PowerShell script that recurses through the site collection to find # of items in the Workflows folder of every site.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Monday, April 4, 2011 1:50 AM
  • Does anyone know what that powershell comand is ?
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:29 AM
  • Hi Migs,

I am providing you the sample code that will help you out. If you want the complete application code do let me know.

SPSite site = new SPSite("YourSiteCollectionUrl");
                foreach (SPWeb web in site.AllWebs)
                  {
                      SPFolder workFlowFolder = web.Folders["Workflows"];
                      SPFolderCollection folders = workFlowFolder.SubFolders;
                      textBox1.Text = " ";
                      foreach (SPFolder folder in folders)
                      {
                          if (folder.Name != "forms")
                          {
                     //Your requirement to print the names of these workflows to various destinations
                          }

}
                  }

So Here I am providing my site collection URL then I am enumerating all webs in it. Then I am selecting the workflows folder. Every SPD workflow resides in this folder as a subfolder so I am enumerating with all subfolders in this folder. Now this folder also contains a folder named as "forms" we do not want it hence I applied a check with IF statement. 

If you want powershell code do let me know I will convert it to powershell.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:08 AM
  • hi ,

use powelshell scripts

Please check here:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/15388/find-all-spd-workflows-in-site-collection

MCTS,MCPD Sharepoint 2010. My Blog- http://devendra-sharepoint.blogspot.in
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:02 AM