ExcelImporter RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently evaluating a VS LightSwitch trial version.  As I try to install 'ExcelImporter', I get the following message:

"This extension doesn't contain a digital signature." and "This extension did not specify license terms in its manifest that are readable by Visual Studio."

Is this something I should ignore, or is this something not allowed for the tial verion???

Thanks for your help!

IGNORE THIS*************************
    This has been installed, and resolved. 

Installed, but it turns out that the issue has not been resolved.  When I open "LightSwitchUtilities" solution, it can not locate any of followings:

LightSwitchUtilities.Client

LightSwitchUtilities.Common

LightSwitchUtilities.LsPkg

LightSwitchUtilities.Vsix

So, it seems the initial warning message on top remains as an issue for this installation.  Can  anyone help on this???

Thanks!

Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:53 PM

Answers

• You're getting the message because the extension wasn't "signed" with a certificate that your computer recognises. It's "safe" to ignore this message, ONLY if the extension comes from a source that you TRUST (in this particular case, you can).

To solve your second problem, a "rebuild" of the project is all you should need. The two issues are *not* connected.

But if you "installed" the extension, why are you trying to "open "LightSwitchUtilities" solution"? That's just the source code for the extension, so you can see how it was built, or so you can make modifications to it. You don't need to include it in the LS project where you want to use the extension.

If you want to use the extension in your LS project, just go to the "Extensions Tab" of the properties for your LS project, & tick "LightSwitch Utilities" in the list.

Yann

(plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose!)

Monday, August 22, 2011 12:36 AM