none
Running Static Driver Verifier RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run SDV on a KMDF bus driver. But when I try to launch SDV from Driver menu in VS 2013, it says "Driver type is unknown. This driver type is not supported by SDV. Please consult the documentation for supported driver types."

But MSDN says KMDF driver are supported by SDV. I did some investigation but couldnt find anything helpful. what could be wrong here?

Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hey. Can you let me know if you have other versions of Visual Studio installed please? I seem to remember there is a corner case bug if you have VS2010 installed.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hey. Can you let me know if you have other versions of Visual Studio installed please? I seem to remember there is a corner case bug if you have VS2010 installed.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:15 PM
  • I have VS 2010 installed. Let me check ..
    Friday, January 16, 2015 3:27 AM
  • Thank you Jacob. I uninstalled VS 2010 and now it works. I was just looking through the violations and I am at a loss to know how to clear the violations. In some cases the rule violations invlove several number of lines. Frankly, I dont understand how to clear the violations. I refered some documents but wasnt much helpful..Any examples, samples would be of great help..
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:53 AM
  • Is there any work around for this issue without having to uninstall VS 2010?
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:30 AM
  • I am sorry. I don't know of a workaround that does not require you to uninstall VS2010.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Is this at least being looked at for VS2015?  It is a severe problem for those of us who work with clients who have specific build environments we have to follow.  I am a big supporter of SDV, but almost never use it, because of the hassle of the broken environment we currently have.

Don Burn Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:15 PM
  • Got it. It was fixed a long time ago and fix will be in next release. Thanks for mentioning the point about maintaining specific build environments. I can see why this is a problem.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 1:29 PM