none
Visual Studio 2015 crashes when opening a website (File System)

Question

• I recently upgraded to a new computer running Windows 10 and installed Visual Studio 2015 Community. I was previously running Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows 7 computer. When opening a website I created with VS 2010, VS 2015 just crashes with a dialog box that says that Visual Studio 2015 has stopped working. I can see the website in the Solution Explorer. Anyone know how to troubleshoot?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:30 AM

Answers

• Hi krabago,

Please create a new website with Visual Studio 2015 to check whether it is related to Visual Studio 2015 or just the specific website.

If the problem just occurs with this specific project, please create a new website with the same name in Visual Studio 2015. And then move the original website files to the new website one by one. It can help us make sure which file causes this problem. If there has some NuGet packages in your original website, please install these packages in your Visual Studio 2015 first.

If all projects has this issue, please run your Visual Studio 2015 as administrator first. Then please run Visual Studio 2015 Community in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

Id still exist this issue, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. Whether there has any error/failed information when you open your website.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:23 AM