none
Biztalk 2010 SAP Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed BizTalk 2010 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 box.  We are trying to use BizTalk as our EDI translator, and I have run into an issue with the SAP Adapter.  I went through and installed the RFC SDK according to the instructions from both Microsoft and SAP.  I installed both the 32 and 64bit dll's into their respective folders.

When I go into the Consume Adapter Service screen and select sapBinding, I receive the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPGInvoker.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
       at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPConnectionUri.ParseUri(Uri uri)
       at Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPConnectionUri..ctor()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.CreateConnectionURIFromBindingName(String bindingName)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataUserControl.OnAdapterChangedEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I ensured that each of the DLLs are where they should be, and I double checked the documentation, but I cannot find what I have missed.  Anyone have any suggestions?

-- Jay Soares
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 8:40 PM

Answers

• Alright, I answered my own question.  I am not 100% sure why this worked, but installing SAPGui installed some missing dependency for the adapter itself to function and now my error message has gone away.
    -- Jay Soares
    • Marked as answer by Jay Soares Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Hi Alexander,

I suggest you read documentation found here . You will find installation guide and Adapter Pack for SAP Help. Start with the installation guide it has section on SAP Adapter and describes which drivers you need.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:44 AM

All replies

• Alright, I answered my own question.  I am not 100% sure why this worked, but installing SAPGui installed some missing dependency for the adapter itself to function and now my error message has gone away.
    -- Jay Soares
    • Marked as answer by Jay Soares Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Hello there, can help to share which SAP GUI version you're installing on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 box? Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:36 AM
  • Hi Alexander,

I suggest you read documentation found here . You will find installation guide and Adapter Pack for SAP Help. Start with the installation guide it has section on SAP Adapter and describes which drivers you need.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Hello Steef,

Although it is a bit late, but thank you for the reply. Managed to get the SAP adapter up and running now.

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:59 AM