none
Keeping a footer (from a master page) on the bottom RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a two column masterpage and incvluded a contentplaceholder for each column.  I have also added a footer and a "spacer" which is just a red line above the footer.  I need to keep the footer and the spacer below the content on any pages that templeate the masterpage.  My problem is the when I add a dropdown or a grid, they expand over the footer.  The problem seems to be in making the contentplaceholder(s) liquid and therefore keeping the footer on the bottom.  I have a screen shot however I do not know how to attach it to this post.
    Monday, June 14, 2010 5:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to LINQ to SQL forum!

Could you please specify the question?   Are you using LINQ to SQL databinding?  

Good day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum                                                                                         

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:34 AM
  • I am guessing you are currently using div styles to place the footer on the master page.  I have found a website that had code to keep a footer locked to the botttom of the page reguardless of browser type, but dont have it saved anymore.  The problem was in IE 5 or 6 a property didn't work as it was suppost to.  I found it easier to replace the div styles with tables, and just let the footer be placed below all the content.
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:31 PM
  • I agree with LitEnders. In addition I would also encaspulate the ContentPlaceHolders in a <asp:Panel></asp:Panel>. Yes, Sun I guess this should be moved from the LINQ to web development group :) as the developer is not having issues with accessing data, only presenting.

Fred

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:39 PM
  • Thanks gentlemen for all of your comments and suggestions.  I have located several sites dealing with "Liquid Development" which provided guidance.  I spend most of my time in the LINQ forums and neglected to place this in the proper forum.  Sorry for the mistake and thanks once again.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 3:16 PM