Deploy Windows Application to Windows Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I deploy my simple windows application to Windows Azure ?

Thank You.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think if you want to deploy desktop applicatins on Windows Azure (Windows Forms, WPF, etc), right? Base on my understanding, desktop application always is C/S framework design, client side application is not recommend to deploy on Windows Azure, if you insist do that, the workaround is download the client application from Azure Storage and then run it in local environment, the recommended way is deploy the Server functions on Azure, suppose the clients need get data from server (database), you can deploy a Work role on Azure, and access the data from SQL Azure database (cloud database). I think this may a better solution for desktop application.

The another workaround is change your desktop application to web application, users only need to use it by Browser, no need to install any client in their computer.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think if you want to deploy desktop applicatins on Windows Azure (Windows Forms, WPF, etc), right? Base on my understanding, desktop application always is C/S framework design, client side application is not recommend to deploy on Windows Azure, if you insist do that, the workaround is download the client application from Azure Storage and then run it in local environment, the recommended way is deploy the Server functions on Azure, suppose the clients need get data from server (database), you can deploy a Work role on Azure, and access the data from SQL Azure database (cloud database). I think this may a better solution for desktop application.

The another workaround is change your desktop application to web application, users only need to use it by Browser, no need to install any client in their computer.

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Thank You..will check it.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:06 AM