none
Battery capacity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

iMX51, WEC700.

In our BSP i wrote a piece of driver to read the battery voltage and relative capacity percentage.

Most of the time the value i print on the debug log and the value shown by the control panel applet are the same.

Sometime the value shown by the control panel applet is lower and stays low than the other one. (It seems there is a 'minimum detector' on the value)

If i restart the device the values are the same.

Any idea?

SteMMo

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:33 PM

All replies

• The control panel applet shows the information that receives by the power manager notifications; the power manager fills the notification data using the GetSystemPowerStatusEx2 function (notice that PM set fUpdate to FALSE calling GetSystemPowerStatusEx2, which means that it's getting cached information that may be out-of-date by several seconds).

The battery related members of the SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS_EX2 structure are filled by the battery driver. Is the 'piece of driver to read the battery voltage and relative capacity percentage' part of the battery driver?

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com

Monday, October 22, 2012 10:39 AM
  • Oh, i'm sorry.

I've found the function (in other file of the driver) that 'adjust' the value to return to the API.

SteMMo

Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:23 PM