none
Project Server 2013 AssignmentActualHours vs ProjectActualHours RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to create a SSRS report from Project Server 2013 utilizing the MSP_EpmAssignment.AssignmentActualWork field but I am getting inconsistencies between the report and the actual data in MS Project in the "Actual Work" field.  The report runs across all projects in PS but only some of the projects result in a mismatch.

Does anyone know why the MSP_EpmAssignment.AssignmentActualWork field would not always be the same as the MS Project "Actual Work" field?  If this is not the correct field, what IS the correct one?

Thanks,

Todd

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Todd,

As far as I remember, the MSP_EpmAssignment table ALSO contains administrative time from timesheets. You should be able to confirm this quite easily.

If you can spot the resource/period duets where assignment.actualwork is different from project.actualwork, check for the corresponding timesheet to see if there is some administrative time in it.

Then there is no "correct" field, just 2 fields that return different data. It is your choice to decide which one is relevant for your purpose. Ie if you're building a project status report, admnistrative time makes no sense. But if you're reporting time for managers, then it makes sense.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume, but we are not using time sheets, we enter hours against Tasks, therefore administrative time is not applicable. 

Todd

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:17 PM
  • Thank for the clarification Tood.

Are you updating the actual in the project plan through the "my task" page? Are you able to spot a few tasks with a discrepency and dig it to point out more precisely where is the issue?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:52 PM
  • I think we have found our issue, it appears that the job that synchronizes the data between the publish database and the reporting database has failed.  We have copied a couple of our projects to our QA instance and the reports are working fine there.  We'll chase down the db error messages and get this resolved, hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Thank you,

Todd

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:31 PM