none
Sync between google calendar and outlook is not happening when a meeting request has been sent from outlook(Both sender and receiver are same) through Inter op outlook libraries RRS feed

• Question

• When the meeting request has been sent through outlook interop APIs, in this case  both sender and recipient are same, the meeting request has been added to the outlook calendar but this is not adding at google calendar. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Event is not adding to the organizers calendar(Google Calendar), but it is showing in outlook.

Using Outlook Interop APIs

The code which i was trying is

appointmentItem = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem)outlookApp.CreateItem(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlItemType.olAppointmentItem);
                                appointmentItem.Subject = feedItem[index].FeedTitle;
                                appointmentItem.Location = feedItem[index].FeedLocation;
                                appointmentItem.Body = feedItem[index].FeedDescription;
                                appointmentItem.Start = DateTime.ParseExact(Convert.ToDateTime(feedItem[index].FeedPublishDate).ToString(Constants.APPOINTMENT_STARTTIME_FILTER), Constants.APPOINTMENT_STARTTIME_FILTER, null);
                                appointmentItem.End = Convert.ToDateTime(feedItem[index].FeedPublishDate).AddHours(1);
                                appointmentItem.Mileage = string.Format("{0}{1}", channelName, Constants.OUTLOOK_ADDIN);
                                appointmentItem.MeetingStatus = Outlook.OlMeetingStatus.olMeeting;
                                appointmentItem.AllDayEvent = false;
                                Outlook.Recipients sentTo = appointmentItem.Recipients;
                                Outlook.Recipient sentInvite = null;
                                sentInvite = sentTo.Add(outlookApp.Session.CurrentUser.Address);
                                sentInvite.Type = (int)Outlook.OlMeetingRecipientType.olRequired;

if (sentInvite.Resolve())
                                    appointmentItem.Send();

Using System.net.mail namespace

I tried using System.net.mail namespace as well(Prepared icalendar standard string and sent). But now i am getting Meeting cannot be found in the calendar

I’m trying to create an event in my Microsoft Outlook calendar by using iCalendar standard. I’ve sent an email with content type “text/calendar” to my Exchange mailbox from .NET application. It arrives to Outlook as an meeting request. Everything looks good, till the moment when I click the received meeting request, Outlook displays it as an empty calendar view with the text: “Meeting cannot be found in the calendar”. I don’t understand why – I wanted to create an event and it is trying to find some existing?

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:26 PM

All replies