none
How do I create global subroutines for Word macro templates? RRS feed

• Question

• Where I work we have about 70 Word Macro templates used to generate letters that prompt the user for infromation and insert the correct paragraphs, text, formatting etc.

I am looking into the option of centralizing the subroutines so they can be called like functions or procedure in each macro template, ultimately resulting in an easier method of making changes to many macro templates that would all call the same procedure or function from the global set of instructions.

Currently we have modules setup that are just pulled into each document but they contain some subroutines we don't always use making the code difficult to maintain and painful to update the ading of one element/field because we have to open each and every macro template, find the code and modify it there.

The modules are copied and pasted. I'm trying to give as much information as I can, hoping there is a solution that I can't think of by searching forums and articles for help.

We have servers that hold the templates for centralized location and access. We do have document storage available in many forms with databases designed in Access. We use SQL server management 2008, ms visual studio 2010 and some specific dev apps for our custom built application used by all employees.

Thanks for any ideas!!

Jensina

• Moved by Mark Liu-lxfModerator Friday, October 28, 2011 5:14 AM word question (From:Visual Basic Language)
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:02 PM

All replies