none
Pushpin Background Color RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I have a pushpin that is used to overlay a PNG image on my map.  The image has transparency.

Is there a way to "turn off" the pushpin back ground on a mouse over?  I have tried setting the entity state to none on mouseover in hopes that would turn off the grey highlighted background on the push pin, but this doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to set the highlight back ground to transparent?

I am using the Microsoft.Maps.Themes.BingTheme -- could this be causing a problem with overriding the entity state?

Thank you!

Saturday, June 8, 2013 4:49 PM

Answers

• Unless you are setting the background color, setting it to transparent will do nothing. Also, using the BingTheme module sets the styles to match the Bing Maps consumer site. Customizing the pushpins and infoboxes are not supported with this module.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:51 AM
  • Hi Richard.  Thanks for the input.

The png image has transparency.  When I created the pushpin (covering the entire map) it looked great until I moved the mouse onto the map.  On mouseover the background of the pushpin turned grey.

By setting the CSS mentioned above, this eliminated the grey back-color and set it to transparent.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 3:47 PM

All replies

• Solved:

I used the pushpin 'typename' and css :

.myType{ 
                background-color:transparent !important; 
            }

Saturday, June 8, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Unless you are setting the background color, setting it to transparent will do nothing. Also, using the BingTheme module sets the styles to match the Bing Maps consumer site. Customizing the pushpins and infoboxes are not supported with this module.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:51 AM
  • Hi Richard.  Thanks for the input.

The png image has transparency.  When I created the pushpin (covering the entire map) it looked great until I moved the mouse onto the map.  On mouseover the background of the pushpin turned grey.

By setting the CSS mentioned above, this eliminated the grey back-color and set it to transparent.

Sunday, June 9, 2013 3:47 PM