none
WON'T ACCEPT KB numbers for installing MS .NET Framework 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Windows XP--2008--NO KB ANY NUMBERS----INSTALLATION ACCEPTED

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86

Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:53 AM

All replies

• Perhaps I'm a bit obtuse, but I cannot find a question above.

If you are having a problem installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, please describe it. Thanks.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Hi DelnBeebs,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

It's very difficult to provide you with any suggestion with this limited info. Would you please provide more information about your issue?

First, there are several things I would like to clarify with you:

-          What is your OS version?

-          Do you want to install .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 update KB958481?

If you want to install .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 update KB958481, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209 for more information.

·         If your system is Windows XP/server 2003 x86, please download the update from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=6c095bba-6100-4ec9-9c54-6450b0212565&displaylang=en

·         If your system is Windows Vista/server 2008, please download the update from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=B9DE7937-2C12-4F16-AD66-A31B83931953&displaylang=en

If you do not want to install above update, would you please describe your problem more particular?

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:17 AM
  • Hi DelnBeebs,

Any updates? Have your problem been resloved?

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:00 AM
  •  I have be having the same problem - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 tries to install and update but it can't for some reason.  In the past I never had a problem with these updates but this one has tried to update at least 10 times and wont stop.  Do I need to install it and if I don't will my system be vunerable to failures?  My OS is Microsoft Windows XP, Media Centre Edition, Version 2002, service pack 3 and I'm running 1.7 GHz, 1GB of ram, 250 GB hard drive.  I also can tell you that my broswer is IE8 and I'm running Norton Internet security if that means anything.  For now I have shut down this update because I don't know what to do about it.  Please help me figure out what I need to do...I'm lost on this issue.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:08 PM