Recent file, video in metro

Question

• Hi,

I whould like to know if they are a solution to view recent video playing for example in vlc (in metro), like the classical menu?

Thank you,

MyWin8

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:36 PM

Answers

• MyWin8,

If you were referring to the Recent Items menu option from previous Windows versions, you are right, it is not there in the Windows Developer Preview.  Whether or not it will make it into future release remains to be seen.  I would like to reassure you that Microsoft is monitoring these forums for issues and concerns. This will be reported up so that the right people are made aware of your concern.

Regards,

Gary 

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:11 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hey MyWin8,

Sorry to hear you are having a problem on your Windows Developer Preview installation.  Can you reply with more details regarding the problem you are having or the feature you are looking for?   

Regards,

Gary

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:16 PM
    Answerer
  • I guess he is missing the "Recent Items" list as was in the Windows 7/Vista/XP/... like Start menu.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:48 PM
  • MyWin8,

If you were referring to the Recent Items menu option from previous Windows versions, you are right, it is not there in the Windows Developer Preview.  Whether or not it will make it into future release remains to be seen.  I would like to reassure you that Microsoft is monitoring these forums for issues and concerns. This will be reported up so that the right people are made aware of your concern.

Regards,

Gary 

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:11 PM
    Answerer