none
Report Format RRS feed

• Question

• I have these two reports. It looks like to me I have the format for the two reports the same. But they look different. I want the the Jump Report to look like the Ranked report. What am I missing?

• Edited by gehrenfeld1 Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:05 PM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Gary. Do they both have the same fonts and sizes?

Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:31 PM
  • Yes both fonts are same size.

Franklin Gothic Book (Detail)  Font Size = 11

Gary

Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:40 PM
  • You could try the following:

1. Create a copy of Ranked report

2. Change the Record Source to be the same as the Jump report

3. Adjust the Control Source of each column to match what's in Jump report

Basically, what I am saying is don't delete or add any controls or textboxes to the new report. Just make it display the same data from the Jump report and then see if the display still looks different. If they are, then it's probably because of the data and not the report layout/format.

Just a thought...

Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:49 PM
  • The width of Jump Report is 8 and Ranked is 8.5

Build a little, test a little

Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:08 PM
  • When I line up screen shots of the first and second report, I see the second example has a PR column that the first does not.  Otherwise, it seems to line up ... just that the second example also has some wider numbers due to decimal places.

Perhaps you want to make the font a bit smaller?

Warm Regards, Crystal http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :)

Saturday, November 14, 2015 7:46 PM
  • Fix it by removing the Header ID

Gary

• Marked as answer by gehrenfeld1 Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:06 PM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:06 PM
  • I would change the font for the numeric fields to something along the lines like Arial and a size between 8-10 point.  I would do this for both reports.  The current font you are using is too wide for the amount of information you're trying to display.

You can make this change in one fell swoop.  Drag a selection over each of the numeric fields, then in the properties dialog, make your changes.  This will modify the properties for all selected controls.

Best Regards,

RM

Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:13 PM