Workflow Instance Creation after period of Inactivity RRS feed

• Question

• I have a wcf workflow service being hosted under iis 6.0 on windows server 2003.  Occassionally, when noone has used the application that interacts with the workflow service and the service has been inactive for awhile when i try to create a new workflow instance for a request in my application it fails.  No exception is thrown, the workflow just doesn't do anything.  I am getting a new workflow instance id and the instance is being stored in the persisitance database.  There are no errors for the particular instance record in the instancestable either.  If i make a second call by creating a second request it works fine.  Any help is appreciated..
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi, CindyWoodVA

If WF4 service are host in IIS6, when application pool is recycled, workflow service will not servce requests anymore until another request comes. so, if you are trying to host WF4 service in windows server 2003. you'd create a windows service as the WF4 service host.

Or deploy WF4 service in IIS7/Appfabric. it is the best way to host a WF4 service.

Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:33 AM