none
Page getting refreshed after parameter selection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am displaying a report in report viewer which exposes following parameters
    - Employee Name as a drop down list (Allow Null = False)
    - Joining Date as Datetime (Allow Null = True)
    - Etc

When I choose/change a value from Employee name list, the page refreshes (postback), same thing happens when I uncheck the NULL check box next to Joining Date.

Why does the page refresh & how do I avoid it?
    TIA
    Tanmaya
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:53 AM

All replies

• This happens because you have a dependency between the two parameters.  The valid values or default value for the second parameter is dependent on the first one.  So when the first parameter changes, the viewer will postback to get updated values for the second parameter.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:02 PM
  • If I have a parameter that drives other internal parameters will this result in a refresh occuring?

So for example say I have a Start Date & Interval as visible params. The user selectes 9/1/07 for the start date and an interval of monthly. If I had an end date param that was set internaly based on the interval and start date would a refresh occur?

I'm also noticing that for my reports that if I have a multi-select list box (and the values are hardcoded in the param definition) that if I change them that a refresh occurs. A refresh also occurs on this report if I simply change a data parameter. I have one parameter that is query driven and is based upon a hiden parameter that is set when my report viewer loads in the web form. I'd love to get rid of the refreshing (I'm just about at the point of writting my own toolbar)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

jb

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 6:30 PM