Localised resources in shared assemblies RRS feed

• Question

• User-1438894470 posted

Hey all.

edit...first post removed as title has been changed..no longer using the GAC, using shared assemblies located in normal files.

Paul.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:48 AM

Answers

• User-1438894470 posted

Well it appears Im looking at the GAC again, and I have managed to get it working. The reason being, I have been digging around, and you cant seem to use shared assemblies with satellite assemblies. The shared assembly gets picked up no problem, but theres no way to use codebase in your config to point to resources.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:06 AM

All replies

• User-1438894470 posted

ok change of plan, I have been told we are not using the GAC to store shared assemblies!

I have done some digging on how to reference shared assemblies from file location, and I have managed to get it working using the app.config to point to the particular assembly. However in the shared assembly I have different languages for resources depending on the culture. Now for testing, I have used the shared assembly, changing my culture in my executable using it, to french. But for some reason it will only pick up the default culture of the shared dll.

To make sure there was nothing wrong with my shared dll, i added a console app to the solution, and ran that, and it picks up the culture change no problem, but my exe that just points to the shared assembly doesnt pick the culture up.

Any ideas?

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:46 AM
  • User-1438894470 posted

Well it appears Im looking at the GAC again, and I have managed to get it working. The reason being, I have been digging around, and you cant seem to use shared assemblies with satellite assemblies. The shared assembly gets picked up no problem, but theres no way to use codebase in your config to point to resources.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2009 8:06 AM