Install RS in clustered environment RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a two node failover cluster(Active/Passive). I am planning on installing the Report Server database on the failover instance.

Do i need to install RS on both the nodes?

thanks?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:44 PM

Answers

• I take it that you've already installed SQL Server in the clustered environment?  Some of the BI services (such as SSAS) will take advantage of clustering at the time that you install SQL Server.  SQL Server should give you the option to install to a cluser node (or something like that), you can then configure the BI services for the clustered environment.  I'm not sure that SSRS is one of them though...  sorry, can't be more helpful

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:18 PM

All replies

• really? nobody?

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:58 PM
  • I take it that you've already installed SQL Server in the clustered environment?  Some of the BI services (such as SSAS) will take advantage of clustering at the time that you install SQL Server.  SQL Server should give you the option to install to a cluser node (or something like that), you can then configure the BI services for the clustered environment.  I'm not sure that SSRS is one of them though...  sorry, can't be more helpful

Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:18 PM