workflow with id not found in state persistence store due to Workflow termination RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

following some investigation i have discovered that i am getting a "workflow with id XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX not found in state persistence store" error due to my workflow being terminated.

Is the exception that caused this logged anywhere by the workflow runtime? I have determined the exception from the WorkflowTerminatedEvent but i'm wondering if the exception is stored anywhere for later retrieval. If i wasn't handling the WorkflowTerminateEvent, would this exception information be lost?

Also, this workflow was terminated due to a SQL timeout. I think this timeout was when the workflow was persisting but i can't confirm.

Is there anyway to prevent the workflow from terminating when this type of error occurs? If not an explaination as to why this is the way would be helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:12 AM

Answers

• I got some help with debugging in situation similiar to this...there are some diagnostic you turn on...check out this previous thread of mine where one of the guys gave me some help to see how to turn it on.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2578749&SiteID=1
    Friday, January 4, 2008 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Clive,

Can you please provide the complete scenario? Is this client server scenario or just one workflow? This sort of error can be encountered on the client when you send message to server which has already completed.

Thanks

Saurabh

Friday, January 4, 2008 3:15 AM
  • I got some help with debugging in situation similiar to this...there are some diagnostic you turn on...check out this previous thread of mine where one of the guys gave me some help to see how to turn it on.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2578749&SiteID=1
    Friday, January 4, 2008 3:37 AM
  • Hey Saurabh,

my workflow was terminating ( the reason was due to an exception encountered within my workflow).

I'm wondering, if a workflow terminates, does the runtime log / store the exception information anywhere?
    I know that the WorkflowTerminated event is available but i'm wonrdering if its stored anywhere explicitly by the runtime?

Clive.
    Monday, January 7, 2008 1:59 PM