none
RDP and Remote Assistance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to implement a remote assistance client base on open source project FreeRDP,

What I have done is:

1. Send RDP_PRECONNECTION_PDU_V1 packet after connect. (MS-RDPES 2.2.1.1)

2. Create client static channel ID=1008, Name="encomsp"

3. Send Client Info PDU as the form described in document MS-RA 2.2.7.2.

The problem is, after the client received 4 packets from virtual channel 1008,

no more data income from server, I think it's time to send "View" request packet.

I have sampled some packets communicate between normal RA server and RA client

to see which channel to use to send control message,

finally I got the channel 1008, "encomsp" is. But the channel message format is undocumented,

The "RC_CTL" channel described in document MS-RA 2.1 even doesn't exists in the sample packet.

So, I am stuck. 

Sorry for my poor English. Hope my question described clear enough.

• Edited by UrsaeMinoris Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:24 AM nothing
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:18 AM

Answers

• Hi UrsaeMinoris

I'll help you with this issue. The channel "encomsp" is used for RDPEMC message exchanges and is documented in MS-RDPEMC: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc242017(v=PROT.10).aspx. Please let me know if this resolves your query: "But the channel message format is undocumented".

In order to help you with other issues, we have to analyze the network trace between RA server and RA client. Kindly send this trace to dochelp at Microsoft dot com to my attention.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

• Marked as answer by UrsaeMinoris Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:38 PM
    Friday, December 23, 2011 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi UrsaeMinoris, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.
    Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Hi UrsaeMinoris

I'll help you with this issue. The channel "encomsp" is used for RDPEMC message exchanges and is documented in MS-RDPEMC: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc242017(v=PROT.10).aspx. Please let me know if this resolves your query: "But the channel message format is undocumented".

In order to help you with other issues, we have to analyze the network trace between RA server and RA client. Kindly send this trace to dochelp at Microsoft dot com to my attention.

• Marked as answer by UrsaeMinoris Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:38 PM
    Friday, December 23, 2011 12:11 AM
  •  

Hi UrsaeMinoris

Oh, I have made a mistake...

I figured it out, Thank you.

Friday, December 23, 2011 8:44 AM
  • same question, up up
    Monday, December 26, 2011 6:52 AM