Good VB.net to C# book RRS feed

• Question

• Could somone reccomend a good VB.net to C#  (2005) book?  I am interested, at this point, mostly in the basics.  I need to migrate from VB.net to C# and would like to do so in the easiest, quickest and most understandable way.  Any suggestions or help appreciated

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 2:06 PM

Answers

• WoodrowS –

Rather than try to find a personal Rosetta stone, why not just grab a C# book and start at the beginning? Doing that will introduce you to new concepts (there will be some) that don’t have a direct translation from VB to C#. And you won’t get all of C# at once.

My personal preference is C# Precisely by Sestoft and Hansen. It is terse.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 4:50 PM
  • "C# & VB.NET Conversion" by Jose Mojica (O'Reilly Press) is a good, but very concise book.  It doesn't cover everything.

For C# equivalents to all aspects of VB.NET, download the demo of our Instant C# VB to C# converter (no need to buy it since the 100-line limit of the demo edition should suffice for your purposes).

David Anton
    www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com
    Instant C#: VB to C# converter
    Instant VB: C# to VB converter
    Instant C++: C# to C++ converter and VB to C++ converter
    Instant J#: VB to J# converter
    Clear VB: Cleans up VB.NET code
    Clear C#: Cleans up C# code

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 11:53 PM

All replies

• WoodrowS –

Rather than try to find a personal Rosetta stone, why not just grab a C# book and start at the beginning? Doing that will introduce you to new concepts (there will be some) that don’t have a direct translation from VB to C#. And you won’t get all of C# at once.

My personal preference is C# Precisely by Sestoft and Hansen. It is terse.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 4:50 PM
  • "C# & VB.NET Conversion" by Jose Mojica (O'Reilly Press) is a good, but very concise book.  It doesn't cover everything.

For C# equivalents to all aspects of VB.NET, download the demo of our Instant C# VB to C# converter (no need to buy it since the 100-line limit of the demo edition should suffice for your purposes).

David Anton
    www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com
    Instant C#: VB to C# converter
    Instant VB: C# to VB converter
    Instant C++: C# to C++ converter and VB to C++ converter
    Instant J#: VB to J# converter
    Clear VB: Cleans up VB.NET code
    Clear C#: Cleans up C# code

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 11:53 PM