none
Error adding Hyper-V Host to discover In the Azure Appliance Configuration Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am getting and error adding Hyper-V Host to discover In the Azure Appliance Configuration Manager. I am using this tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/migrate/tutorial-migrate-hyper-v.

I used the script on the "MicrosoftAzureMigrate-Hyper-V.ps1" to prepare the hyper-v host, and everything when successful. When I go to the Azure Appliance Configuration Manager and try to add the hyper-v host using the IP address or the host name or the FQDN I am receiving two errors:

If i used the IP Address, this is the error:

error when using the IP Address

If i used the host name or FQDN, this is the error

error when using host name or FQDN

I connected manually using PS from the Azure Appliance Appliance to the hyper v host and it worked. That's any one have any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:52 PM

All replies

• Adding Hyper-V host using IP or FQDNS it is erroring out and the recommendations remains the same. Not sure, what is the actual issue here. However, I suggest following the recommendations and then try the same operation to see if that really works. 

By any chance, are you using HTTPS proxy?

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

No we are not using Proxy, the Appliance does not have any problem connecting to Azure. The problem is it cannot connect to the Hyper-V host.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:35 PM
  • Not sure what's causing this problem. I recommend you reach out to Azure technical support team to further investigate this issue and help you with a faster resolution. Let me know if you've any concerns raising a support request.
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:49 AM