Why the namespace "Microsoft.Xna.Framework" and "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics"Can't be found in my project? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't get the reference of  namespace "Microsoft.Xna.Framework" and "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics".

As there are so many references in the system, is the any convenient way to find them easily?

Thanks a lot

Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:44 AM

Answers

•  

Make sure to go to the 1.0.0.0 or 2.0.0.0 subdirectory (depending if you need XNA 1.0 or 2.0) and THEN copy the Microsoft.XNA.Framework.dll

Code Snippet

copy c:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework\2.0.0.0__6d5c3888ef60e27d\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll "c:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin"

Erik

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:03 PM

All replies

• I don't know if this is your problem but I read this in the book "Professional Microsoft Robotics studio developer" this week...

Try this...

Open a command prompt, not explorer or you won't see the directory

go to windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework

If you see more than 1 sub directory in there change to the newest version

copy the file Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll to the /bin sub directory under the robotics studio main directory.

This was in I think chapter 6 on the simulations....

Friday, July 11, 2008 2:53 AM
  •  

Thank you very much for your good suggestion. I did as you said. However, I can't copy the file  Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll to the aim directory. Are there any other problems?
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:17 AM
  • Firstly, please confirm that there is no Microsoft.xna.framework.dll in your bin folder already.

The instructions that Shane referred to are on page 275 of the ProMRDS book. You say that you can't copy the dll to the "aim" directory. I suspect that "aim" is a typo and should be "bin", but why can't you copy the file? Note that you must do it from a command prompt, not using Windows Explorer.

Also, please confirm that when you try to add a reference you can see Ccr.Core and DssBase under the .NET tab. If not, then your project is not set up correctly.

Trevor

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:15 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I'm sure there is  no Microsoft.xna.framework.dll in my bin folder already.

I'm sorry as the "aim" directory should be "destination",surely here it is  "bin".

When I copy the file use the following command:

C:\>copy windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework C:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\

it just takes no use.

And I can see Ccr.Core and DssBase under the .NET tab when adding a reference.

Monday, July 14, 2008 6:42 AM
  •  

Make sure to go to the 1.0.0.0 or 2.0.0.0 subdirectory (depending if you need XNA 1.0 or 2.0) and THEN copy the Microsoft.XNA.Framework.dll

Code Snippet

copy c:\windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework\2.0.0.0__6d5c3888ef60e27d\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll "c:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin"

Erik

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:03 PM
  •  

Thanks a lot. And I was able to copy it correctly. But there is just XNA 1.0 in the Microsoft.XNA.Framework. 

I'm sorry but  I'm just a tyro, especially to the software. So there are still  lots of questions:

So will  just XNA1.0 be ok ? Is it necessary to add XNA 2.0 for  the Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5) ? And how to get 2.0 ?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:35 AM
  •  

I think (not 100% sure, because I use the MRDS 2.0 CTP already) that 1.5 uses the 1.0 XNA version, the MRDS 2.0 CTP installer will install XNA version 2.0, so there is no need to grab it yourself.

If you want the XNA 2.0 version, get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15FB9169-4A25-4DCA-BF40-9C497568F102&displaylang=en

Erik

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:25 AM
  •  

Ok I got it. I'm really appreciate of your kindness.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 12:23 PM