none
I have a question about Microsoft Outlook development ... ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every expert:

If I click any mail address (TO/ CC/ BCC) in outlook mailItem. Then I want to get mail address which is be clicked. How can I do??

Pls help me to resolve it ... Thanks.

Monday, March 9, 2015 5:23 PM

Answers

• Will,

A screenshot would be the best explanation. 

Anyway, the Outlook object model doesn't provide any property, method or event to get such information.

• Marked as answer by Will .H Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:50 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Will,

The Recipients property of the MailItem class returns a Recipients collection that represents all the recipients for the Outlook item. The Type property of the Recipient class returns one of the following OlMailRecipientType constants: olBCC, olCC, olOriginator, or olTo.

You can use the Address or AddressEntry property of the Recipient class to get the email address. The Address property returns a string representing the e-mail address of the Recipient.

Also you may be interested in the GetSelectNamesDialog method. The SelectNamesDialog object supports displaying the Select Names dialog box for the user to select entries from one or more address lists in the current session. 

Monday, March 9, 2015 5:32 PM
  • Hi Eugene  Astafiev:

Thanks for your reply. My scenario is:

When I recieve a mail, I double click it. Then I find two mail address. One is a@abc.com another is b@abc.com. When I double click a@abc.com, my outlook will show me a popup windows. Do I can use your solution to solve my issue?

• Unmarked as answer by Will .H Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:50 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Will,

A screenshot would be the best explanation. 

Anyway, the Outlook object model doesn't provide any property, method or event to get such information.

Monday, March 9, 2015 7:32 PM