none
Azure Storage Explorer - Unable to log in

Question

• Hello all,

I just installed Azure Storage Explorer and when I try to add my account, it says "Unable to sign in: Unable to get local issuer certificate".

I've tried this on a couple of different Azure accounts that have rights to see my storage accounts and even tried connecting to an entirely different tenant all with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is a HTTPS protocol problem, there is no issues with validity of SSL certificates.

Verify the firewall for blocked port and the date/time of the computer.

If this answer help please mark it as a answer :) Thanks, Ricardo Cabral Se essa resposta ajuda por favor, marque-o como uma resposta :) Obrigado, Ricardo Cabral

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your answer, but what makes you feel that it's not a certificate issue?  The error really seems to indicate something along those lines.

I don't think it's a HTTPS protocol or a firewall problem because I can browse HTTPS websites without problem.  Also, the date on my computer is accurate, so there isn't any concern about a certificate being misinterpreted as being expired or not yet valid.

Thanks!

Friday, April 21, 2017 1:06 PM
  • Hi RLindell,

Do you use Azure Stack certificate (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vs-azure-tools-storage-manage-with-storage-explorer) ?

Verify you personal certificates about Windows Azure Tools

If this answer help please mark it as a answer :) Thanks, Ricardo Cabral Se essa resposta ajuda por favor, marque-o como uma resposta :) Obrigado, Ricardo Cabral

Friday, April 21, 2017 1:31 PM
  • Hi Ricardo,

I'm not using Azure stack, so it doesn't seem that would apply.  A colleague of mine said that he is having the exact same issue, so this may have something to do with our environment.  I ended up opening a case with Microsoft on this.  I'll post back here if we come up with a solution.

Friday, April 21, 2017 4:49 PM
  • Same issue here. Was this ever resolved?
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:07 PM
  • Yes.  It turned out that our outbound proxy was "optimizing" HTTPS traffic in that it was playing "man in the middle".  It would terminate my browsers SSL connection with the proxy and then would initiate a new session directly between the proxy and the external website.  This allows our security team to be able to see into the SSL internet traffic.  Storage Explorer seems to be wise to this trick.  Once I asked our security team to bypass SSL optimization for these Azure URLs, it started working.
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:18 PM
  • Please check this link - 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-explorer-troubleshooting

Hope it can help you

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Friday, September 29, 2017 12:44 PM