none
Ical in outlook RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I need to add some event's in the Ical created by the metting request form, anyone know a away to do it? I'am using c# to create my add-in

thank you,
    Mauro Batista

Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:28 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure that's possible, but this is what I'd try -- in an event handler for Application.ItemSend, if the outgoing item is a MeetingItem, call MeetingItem.ReplyRecipients.Add to add another reply address. It's not clear from the iCalendar specification (4.2.17), though, whether multiple RSVP addresses are supported.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:40 PM

All replies

• Could you clarify what you're trying to do? A meeting request can transmit information only about a single event. Whether it is transmitted in iCalendar or native Outlook format depends on the user's and server's settings. You could, of course, create additional iCalendar .ics files and attach them, but that's so different from normal Outlook operation that the recipient might be quite confused.

The Outlook version(s) that your add-in supports may also be relevant.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:50 PM
  •  

Hi Sue!

What i want is that the ical be able to send information back, not only for the sender like normaly it do, but also to a diferent server! for exemple the metting his "decline" or "porposed another date", i want that another server be aware of that! Iam using outlook 2003

iam not sure if i was clear enough, if you still have Doubts, please tell me!

thank you,

Mauro Batista

Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:21 PM
  • I'm not sure that's possible, but this is what I'd try -- in an event handler for Application.ItemSend, if the outgoing item is a MeetingItem, call MeetingItem.ReplyRecipients.Add to add another reply address. It's not clear from the iCalendar specification (4.2.17), though, whether multiple RSVP addresses are supported.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:40 PM