Project 2010, problems with detailed timeline RRS feed

• Question

• When I select Detailed Timeline in the Timeline view it doesn´t show any details it´s still just the empty boxes. Anyone know a solution?
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

One of the many woes one can have with the Windows Profile. Simply create a new account on your computer; in this new account the problem will be gone.

BTW, Julie, you encouraged me to do so and yes, thanks, I can now see Poject running properly :-)

Greetings,

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hello Agneta Rebo,

Have you added tasks to the timeline?  Select the tasks you wish to add, right click to show the shortcut menu and select "Add to timeline."  You should now see Task names as well as start and finish date/time in the timeline view.

Julie

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Yes I have added the tasks to the timeline but they will only show up with "empty boxes".

If I do the same thing on another computer I can switch between "empty boxes" and seeing more info as you describe it with the Detailed Timeline button in Timeline Tools. But on this computer it´s still empty boxes even when Detailed Timeline button is set.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

One of the many woes one can have with the Windows Profile. Simply create a new account on your computer; in this new account the problem will be gone.

BTW, Julie, you encouraged me to do so and yes, thanks, I can now see Poject running properly :-)

Greetings,

Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Cheers, Jan.  Glad to know the new profile has everything working correctly again.  My installation of Project got truly disturbed before I rebuilt the profile -- calculations were occurring but were wildly incorrect, couldn't switch between manual and auto-scheduled tasks.
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:25 PM
  • Agneta,

To test the corrupt profile before going through the bother of creating a new Windows profile -- you log into your computer with another userID (admin rights, or another user) does the file work as expected?

If you create a new project file, does the issue still occur?  If it only occurs with one file -- others work fine -- it could be a corrupted Timeline view in the single file.  You could try copying the Timeline view from the Global template (Global.mpt) file back over the existing Timeline view in your current file using File > Info > Organizer.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:36 PM