Trouble clicking on tabs in design mode using TabContainer RRS feed

• Question

• User-421740274 posted

I'm using ASP.net 4.5.5129, AJAX Control Kit v15.1. and VS.net 2012 programming in VB.net.

For the most part all is good.  Nothing to complain about, except when I'm in design mode, using the tabcontainer.

I have 11 tabs and when running, they all function fine.  But in design mode, I sometimes have to click several times, if not more, to get to THAT tab' code.  And sometimes that doesn't even work.  I have to scroll around in my code & make changes hoping that tab eventually shows up.

When I click on the ">" next to any tab I'm trying to work on I get the following error:

"Error Create Panel: : Unable to cast object of type 'System.WEb.UI.Design.DesignerRegion' to type 'System.Web.UI.Design.EditableDesignerRegion'."

Now if I run my web app, life is good.  I get no errors & things work.  It's only when I try to click on a different tab in design mode.  That's when I can't get to a different tab.

Things I've tried

I've tried saving my code prior to clicking on a new tab.

I've tried stopping my running code to click on a new tab.

I've tried clicking & waiting several seconds to see if it will switch.

Any ideas on what I can do to eliminate this from happening?

Thank you!

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:22 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

How much of my .aspx file would you need?

It's a bit hard to say. Possibly just the area around the TabContainer element? And with regards to the server-side code, possibly only events that involved the TabContainer?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:50 PM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

Could you post what your current markup looks like? Do you have any additional code (i.e. server-side code) that would be related to this as well?

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:47 AM
  • User-421740274 posted

Thanks for the reply.

How much of my .aspx file would you need?  Currently it's over 800 lines long.  Sorry for the rookie question.  I'm pretty new at this aspect of things.  As for the server side, I have quite a bit of vb code running this as well.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:47 PM
  • User281315223 posted

How much of my .aspx file would you need?

It's a bit hard to say. Possibly just the area around the TabContainer element? And with regards to the server-side code, possibly only events that involved the TabContainer?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:50 PM
  • User1724605321 posted

Hi John ,

Now if I run my web app, life is good.  I get no errors & things work.  It's only when I try to click on a different tab in design mode.  That's when I can't get to a different tab.

It seems the Visual Studio fails to update the markup when the control that is being edited is another container , i think It's very hard for an IDE to provide a designer which will show the design view as exactly renders when switching  between a lot of controls .

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Friday, August 7, 2015 1:50 AM