none
Users app closing with error 0x803F7002 after purchasing IAP

Question

• Another user posted this issue a week or two ago but their thread has been largely ignored and was not resolved, so I am posting this in hopes it will get more attention.

After purchasing an IAP (to remove ads) some users are reporting that their app will no longer start, returning the error code 0x803F7002. In doing a little research it appears that this error might be triggered due to licensing / anti-piracy / etc.

Has anybody experienced this? Is there is a fix coming for this? Any info is appreciated. I have nothing to tell players when they ask why their game will no longer run after purchasing something.

Friday, September 4, 2015 10:37 PM

All replies

• No response on this? I've had a few users complaining about this to me within the last few days, which means many more are just not bothering to report it.

The story is the same every time: They purchase an IAP and from that point on the app will not start and instead gives them the error code 0x803F7002. It's not happening to everyone, but enough to complain.

This is a Windows 10 UWP app, only PC users are having this issue. I have started to receive 1 star ratings because of this, and I don't blame them, they paid money then their app stops working and I have no explanation for them.

Anybody from MS out there? Any ideas on this?

UPDATE: I downloaded my own app and performed the same purchase. Once I try to restart the app it immediately closes before it can start and the event log shows:

Activation of app XXXX_1v1304hp7jwzg!App failed with error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0x803f7002 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Additionally, I uninstalled the app, and tried to download it again and it will no longer download (even after pressing Try Again multiple times), the details of the store error are that same error code: 0x803F7002

Sunday, September 6, 2015 1:22 AM
  • I'm from the other thread and i have some discovery that I posted over there. 
    Monday, September 7, 2015 6:44 AM