none
Access Developer Extensions for 2016, Integration Access 2016 source code into TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Two in one question.

Is there (going to be?) an Access Developer Extension for Access 2016.

If not (and not going to be) what is the best way to integrate Access 2016 application into Source control tool such as TFS?

Thanks,

-andrew

• Edited by andy1534 Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

I have no experience with this but have you tried installing this link?

Hope it helps...

Oops, I just realized it's for 2010.

• Edited by .theDBguy Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:42 PM
  • Hello Andrew,

You could develop a COM add-in for Access. Please visit Creating Managed Add-ins for Access 2007 and How to build an Office COM add-in by using Visual C# .NET

To work with TFS, I suggest you post on Team Foundation Server – Migration and Integration or Team Foundation Server - Source and Version Control

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:55 AM
  • In our company we check in the entire accdb, never individual objects.

Yes that means that development with two or more developers will have to proceed very carefully. So be it.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 4:21 AM
  • With respect to your TFS question, you are probably looking at a third-party solution if you want to work with the objects independently of one another:

http://www.ivercy.com/

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:29 PM
  • Hi Tom,

We used to check in/out entire accdb by putting it's name on a whiteboard. :)

It's hard to work on multiple projects within the same application. So, we've moved to TFS. But is seems TFS will support versions up to Access 2010. So, I'm investigating on the options...

-andrew

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:18 PM
  • Thanks, Celeste,

Looks like COM links refer to Access 2007. TFS supports Access up to 2010. I'm just looking for option to move to 2016.

-andrew

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:22 PM
  • Thanks, Paul!

This might be an option for us.

-andrew

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:23 PM
  • Hello Andrew,

The link is for Access 2007 but COM add-ins also works in Access 2016. COM add-ins would work for Office 2007~2016. The tool Paul shared is also a COM add-in. In my opinion, all the avaliable extesions for Access should be COM add-ins.

I suggest you mark helpful post as answer to close this thread since you have found your expected tool.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 1:46 AM