none
Word for Mac, Error “Cannot Download” when using Office URI Scheme and moving mouse cursor RRS feed

• Question

• When I ask Word for Mac to open a document using the Office URI Scheme, it returns an error “Cannot Download” if I move my mouse cursor. Same URI works fine on Word for Windows. The command I am using is: ms-word:ofv|u|https://[myapp].azurewebsites.net/api/values/Welcome.docx The app returns a Word document using this code: var filePath = "C:\\Welcome.docx"; var source = new FileStream(filePath, Mode.Open) var content = new StreamContent(source); var headers = content.Headers; headers.ContentType = new System.Net.Http.Headers.MediaTypeHeaderValue("application/msword"); var contentDisposition = new System.Net.Http.Headers.ContentDispositionHeaderValue("attachment") { FileName = fileName }; headers.ContentDisposition = contentDisposition; return content; I need to use this implementation in an Word Task Pane Add-in. We need to open a document that our service has created back into Word.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:11 AM

Answers

• Hi jaytang2016,

please try to submit your feedback regarding this issue to word user voice.

Hope developers notice this issue soon and try to make it correct in next update.

Word User Voice

I find that there is Office Insider Community is also available for support. so you can also post the issue there and give your feedback regarding this issue.

Office Insider Forum for Mac

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jaytang2016 Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:49 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi jaytang2016,

your command is looks like "ms-word:ofv|u|https://[myapp].azurewebsites.net/api/values/Welcome.docx".

and it is working for windows so it is possible that you are referring the below documentation.

Office URI Schemes

try to refer the documentation for Mac.

Opening files from your app in Office for iOS

ms-word:ofe|u|https://contoso/wopi/file/12312|d|Contoso|e|a3243d|n|document1.docx|a|App

you will file some other parameters after file name. so try to pass it and test it may solve your issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, no combination is working. In all cases, I am getting the same behaviour. Simply moving the mouse cursor will cause Word for Mac to crash with Cannot Download error. If I do not move the mouse, it is fine. Of course, we cannot expect end-users to keep their mouse cursor still.

Wondering if you or others have other ideas?

Can anyone else replicate this issue?

Regards

Jay

• Edited by jaytang2016 Thursday, December 22, 2016 4:22 AM Add more details
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 3:51 AM
  • Hi jaytang2016,

unfortunately I don't have Mac environment to reproduce the issue.

here I want to confirm with you that test these code on different mac machines that have installed different version of word installed.

so that we can know that it is limited to specific version of word or not.

also want to confirm with you that which version of word you are using currently.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Friday, December 23, 2016 5:57 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.

The version number of Word I am using is 15.31(161220). It is an Office Insider Fast build.

This bug has been there for a year since it is found.

Kindly Regards

Jay

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:05 PM
  • Hi jaytang2016,

please try to submit your feedback regarding this issue to word user voice.

Hope developers notice this issue soon and try to make it correct in next update.

Word User Voice

I find that there is Office Insider Community is also available for support. so you can also post the issue there and give your feedback regarding this issue.

Office Insider Forum for Mac

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by jaytang2016 Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:49 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 2:47 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your help.

I will go to Word User Voice and the insider forum for further information.

Discussion continues in Microsoft community

Kindly Regards

Jay

• Edited by jaytang2016 Friday, December 30, 2016 12:22 AM add more info
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:49 AM