none
MSVC 2013 Premium wont open a project

Answers

All replies

• Hi gennady kh,

Just to make this issue clearly:

(1) Which kind of project did you open? Whether it is the VS2013 project?

(2) Whether you could create a new similar project(simple) in your current VS?

(3) Could you share us the detailed error messages in your side?

Generally we would think about the following troubleshooting steps if we couldn't open a project.

A. We have to make sure that the VS2013 pre version really supports this project type.

(a) Maybe the VS2013 doesn't support it.

(b) Or you forget to install certain specific package for this project type.

B. Maybe the project was created in an old VS version, we couldn't merge it to high VS version directly.

Or it meets some compiled error during merging it, so we have to analyze the detailed error messages.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi, Jack,

The project was ported from VS 2012 and was working fine for awhile.

I think something happened when i install VS 2015.

Did repair couple times but ended with full reinstall (was time limited check in VS 2013). Now it is fine.

Error message was saying that error happened in VS 2013 and it must restart. And at this moment it is endless loop with the same message.

Best regards,

Gennady

Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:53 PM
  • Hi Gennady,

>>I think something happende when i install VS 2015.

Did repair couple times but ended with full reinstall (was time limited check in VS 2013). Now it is fine.

Error message was saying that error happened in VS 2013 and it must restart. And at this moment it is endless loop with the same message.

Do you mean that you have resolved this issue or your VS2013 still has this issue now?

It seems that you installed 3 different VS versions in the same machine, generally we install the different VS versions from the old to high version one by one. Maybe it is the setup issue.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:21 AM
  • Yes, Jack,

problem is gone. I feel that it was different studios setup issue.

Thanks for your support

Gennady

Monday, May 16, 2016 1:35 PM
  • Yes, Jack,

problem is gone. I feel that it was different studios setup issue.

Thanks for your support

Gennady

@Gennady,

Since this issue has been resolved, please mark your helpful reply as the answer, so I could close this case for you. Thanks for sharing your solution here.

Sincerely,

Jack

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:10 AM