Why is there no "Copy List Item" workflow action in SharePoint Designer 2013 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just wanted to ask a very quick question. Is there a good reason why SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflows do not include the "Copy List Item" action like SharePoint Designer 2010? This was very useful in some of my SPD 2010 Workflows and I just wanted to know the reason for not adding it to SharePoint Designer 2013.

Thanks
    CEBlueSky

Friday, May 2, 2014 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Well, the document copy still exists in 2013, the list item copy itself has been deprecated on the new workflow engine, what you can do though is still utilize the 2010 workflow on 2013, with this you will be able to still copy the list items.

Some discontinued features in SPD workflows on 2013

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj728659(v=office.15).aspx#WhatsChangedSharePointDesigner2013_DiscontinuedFeatures

Regards, Pieter
    MCPD | MCITP

My Blog

Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Prasath C Friday, May 2, 2014 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by ceBlueSky Friday, May 2, 2014 10:20 AM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Well, the document copy still exists in 2013, the list item copy itself has been deprecated on the new workflow engine, what you can do though is still utilize the 2010 workflow on 2013, with this you will be able to still copy the list items.

Some discontinued features in SPD workflows on 2013

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj728659(v=office.15).aspx#WhatsChangedSharePointDesigner2013_DiscontinuedFeatures

Regards, Pieter
    MCPD | MCITP

My Blog

Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Prasath C Friday, May 2, 2014 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by ceBlueSky Friday, May 2, 2014 10:20 AM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 9:13 AM
  • hi,

I agree with Pieter, if you want only 2013 workflow then you can use create new item Action.

Using this you can pass the current item column value to the new item column so a copy of current item would be created, you can use it to create a copy in the same list or to another list. but this would be helpful if you have minimum number of column

Regards,

Anandakrishnan 

Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:45 AM