<globalization culture="auto" uiCulture="auto" enableClientBasedCulture="true"/> problem RRS feed

• Question

• User1922605967 posted
    Hello

I have the above in the web.config, and have the en-US as default and da-DK as second language. My goal is that it automatically uses the da-DK, if the browser has Danish [da] as language. It only works, when I request the frontpage, everything is in danish, however if I click a link, it switches to en-US. I have a Master Page and in the Page_Load event I have:

Response.Write(System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture);

And on EVERY page, it writes da-DK, but why isn't it using the danish resources??

Cheers

Ken
    Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:39 PM

All replies

• User1922605967 posted
    Well, I found out that my danish resource files NOT should end with da-DK but only da. It works now

Ken
    Sunday, May 28, 2006 8:19 AM
  • User-556258585 posted

Although I know that this is an old post, hope someone more experienced can tell why resources files cannot end with the language and culture.

American and english people may use different words in the same context.

But if I can only use one resource for all the english people, how may I use american and english expressions appropriately?

Thank you!

Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:50 PM