none
How to handle with non-existing building on the map/removing demolished one? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for assistance with map update in Bing. I have been trying to resolve the issues there via numerous reports from "Feedback", unfortunately without any success. 

At Schiphol Airport there is a building outlined that no longer exists with coordinates 52.306690, 4.756024. Back in 2015 the hotel (Hilton Schiphol) moved to newly built premises right next to the old ones, which are currently not prominent in Bing Maps and are with location 52.307062, 4.754827. The old building had been recently demolished, so the data visible to the users is no longer accurate. Please assist in the removal of the old building, and kindly add the new one.

Another major issue are the driving directions to the hotel, which are currently leading to the old building. Those have been reported as well, including the address location of the property - “Schiphol Boulevard 701, 1118 BN Schiphol”. I hope you could help with updating address’ location from 52.30674, 4.75598 to 52.307177, 4.754651. 

Hope you would be able to help me with sorting this out.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Kamena

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:29 AM

Answers

• The building footprint is unlikely to be changed in the short term. Building footprints are low priority. The location for the hotel is coming from another data provider. This issue was sent to them but they haven't made any changes on their side. I'll put this on the teams radar.

If you work for Hilton, you should contact the Bing Maps Enterprise support team as Hilton is a Bing Maps customer and normally reports issues that way.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:19 PM