Problem starting the server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm trying to get an SQL Server 2008 Express to work. I'm a real beginner and a bit bit stuck.
    When i open the Configurationsmanager, there are not entries shown in the categorie for the SQLServer Services.

http://img3.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/screenshot58shqnalj6o.jpg

I'm want to start the server an connect to it, via SQL Server Management Studio. On MSDN i've read so far to rightclick on the
    detail window for SQL Services and then select the start option. But there are no entries and no start option showing.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
    Thx :-)

Friday, March 25, 2011 1:26 PM

Answers

• Mr..

I don´t use configuration manager, don´t like it, so, could you try:

Execute -> Services.msc -> Find the processes called SQL Server(Express), right button and start it

------------------------------------------------------------- Oracle OCA11g
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Hi mr.Johnson,

It seems like the Configuration Manager you opened is on the edition of SQL Server 2005. If that is the case, it is impossible to display the SQL Server Service of SQL Server 2008 on the Configuration Manager by SQL Server 2005. In other words, the Configuration Manager can not show up the later editions of SQL Server Service. I recommend that you try to open the Configuration Manager on SQL Server 2008. Go to Start ->All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008->Configuration Tools->SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Best Regards,
    Stephanie Lv

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:04 AM

All replies

• Mr..

I don´t use configuration manager, don´t like it, so, could you try:

Execute -> Services.msc -> Find the processes called SQL Server(Express), right button and start it

------------------------------------------------------------- Oracle OCA11g
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Mr. Johnson,

Fabrizzio has a good point.  Do you see it on the services screen, or does it not show there as well?  If it doesn't, it means SQL server isn't installed on this server.

www.AliRazeghi.Com for blog www.RosonCo.Com for I.T. support and consulting Please help the MSDN community by marking answers as 'Helpful' and as 'answered'. This will allow others to quickly search for the same solution. Thank you.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Hi mr.Johnson,

It seems like the Configuration Manager you opened is on the edition of SQL Server 2005. If that is the case, it is impossible to display the SQL Server Service of SQL Server 2008 on the Configuration Manager by SQL Server 2005. In other words, the Configuration Manager can not show up the later editions of SQL Server Service. I recommend that you try to open the Configuration Manager on SQL Server 2008. Go to Start ->All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008->Configuration Tools->SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Best Regards,
    Stephanie Lv

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:04 AM
  • Hello Stephanie,

But why i have seen SQL Native Client 10.0-Konfiguration ? If i am not going wrong, 10.0 ==> SQL Server 2008.

Maybe, the original poster could give us the link he used to download the files ( i am fearing that he has installed not SQL Server Express 2008 , but the tools only that's to say SQL Server Management Studio Express and Configuation Management Console and maybe the dlls related to SQL Server 2008 )

Have a nice day 

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:45 PM
  • statr->run->services.msc

you will find all service

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:17 PM