Recover Permanently Deleted File RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using VS2010 and I accindently deleted the wrong CPP file. I right clicked it in the Solution Explorer and a window popped saying "Choose Remove to remove 'xxx.cpp' from 'project name'. Choose Delete to permanently delet 'xxx.cpp'." and I clicked Delete. I've been working for months on that code and if anyone knows a way to recover the file I will be very greatful.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:57 AM

Answers

• Hello there,

If you know where it was saved,you can use a data recovery program to get the file back.I used to do so before.Try this one called Tenorshare Data Recovery. It can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data you accidentally deleted or formatted.

You can get it from: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/index.htm

By the way,I think you should have learned a lesson.Remember to make backups for your important files.

• Marked as answer by Victor_Chen Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:09 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi iZeeZoo,

Thanks for your post.

If you don't use any source control, I'm afraid VS doesn't provide such functionality.

But I think you can try some third party software to get the deleted files back.

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 8, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Hello there,

If you know where it was saved,you can use a data recovery program to get the file back.I used to do so before.Try this one called Tenorshare Data Recovery. It can recover data after deeply scanning your hard drive to look for lost data you accidentally deleted or formatted.

You can get it from: http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/index.htm

By the way,I think you should have learned a lesson.Remember to make backups for your important files.

• Marked as answer by Victor_Chen Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:09 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 9:19 AM
  • Hey,

Deleting won't make your files deleted actually. They are just not visible but still in the hard drive which you saved them at. You can rely on some data recovery programs to help you find them back. You can try Card Data Recovery. Just install this program on your computer and use the function "all recovery", after a while your deleted files will be back soon.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:25 AM