Secure Store Domain Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I need to find the domain account used for a secure store target application, how can I do this?

Choosing a target application and clicking Set Credentials allows you to change the domain account, but doesn't show the current domain account being used.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi, no I'm afraid not, I wouldn't expect to see them here anyway.

I have learnt since I posted the thread these accounts which in secure store service terms are called the "credential" are encrypted and can;t be seen from the GUI.

There is some c# scripts out on the internet which can apparently retrieve the credential from the target application, I haven't tested this myself however.

• Marked as answer by AlanByrneIT Friday, August 9, 2013 8:31 AM
    Friday, August 9, 2013 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Alan,

Via central admin , can you navigate to the below url and check whether the service account gets displayed or not...

CA URL + /_admin/FarmCredentialManagement.aspx

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Roy Joyson

Friday, August 9, 2013 8:23 AM
  • Hi, no I'm afraid not, I wouldn't expect to see them here anyway.

I have learnt since I posted the thread these accounts which in secure store service terms are called the "credential" are encrypted and can;t be seen from the GUI.

There is some c# scripts out on the internet which can apparently retrieve the credential from the target application, I haven't tested this myself however.

• Marked as answer by AlanByrneIT Friday, August 9, 2013 8:31 AM
    Friday, August 9, 2013 8:31 AM