Total newbie wants rapid path to getting webpage on phones

General discussion

• I plan to take the 3 day online course on developing for Windows Phone, but before I embark on this, here is what I want to make it do:.

I want people to access a web page where they can enter some information, and click 'submit', and then perhaps view a chart that takes into account the information they just put in.

I haven't used smart phones ever in my life, but I assume that there is a problem with this in that users don't want to type webpage URLs on a tiny phone keyboard, just to get to a page.

Probably they would just want to tap their finger on an App icon.   Or even just speak to their phone.

And perhaps a webpage is not the way to go - perhaps the info can be sent to a database on the server after they enter info in a form that is not on the web.  One reason to not use a webpage is that I might want to capture GPS data from the phone.

So what is the best way to do this?  I start a course in neural data in a few days, so I have to cram everything in quickly.  Any help is appreciated.

GM

Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Gidmaestro,

Probably they would just want to tap their finger on an App icon. Or even just speak to their phone.

Use bookmark? or did you tried with Contana Voice commands (Windows Phone Store apps)? When you say something to your phone, the phone can recognize what you want to do not even a web page you want navigate to but also it could open an app for you.

I'm not quite understand what do you mean by webpage is not the way to go, but let's say if you can programming with windows phone, there should be more interesting thing you can found, for instance customize the layout instead of showing on the web page.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 26, 2014 5:13 AM
  • I can make a web page customizable too, and since I  have a website, that would be fast, but the problem is that I can't collect GPS coordinates from a web page (I think).  But anyway, thank for telling me that I can use voice commands.  Perhpas an app be made that simply opens a bookmarked page on a browser., which I could use as a stopgap until I learn to program an app.

Thanks again.

Friday, September 26, 2014 10:00 AM