none
Tablet handwriting application question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am a student in Software Development, currently working on my FYP, which is a project to develop software to teach children (with autism) to write correctly. The application is to run on a tablet. I've been looking into all the tablet pc stuff that's out there, and I've started writing code. I've used InkOverlay so far, and as far as I can figure I will have to use InkPicture, but I don't know if I have to use InkEdit. I'm developing on my laptop which has XP, and using VS 2005. So I've downloaded the SDK and I actually have access to InkEdit though I thought I'd have to have Vista to access it. So now I know I can use InkEdit, whether or not I need it, I don't know.

The thing I'm worrying about is whether or not theres going to be other classes that I need to use, that I might not have access to because I don't have Vista. I could get a virtual version of Vista installed on a pc in the college probably, if I need it, but the sooner I know the better. PLUS if I'm going to have to develop in the college on Vista, those PCs have VS 2008, so then I can't develop at home.

I just need some insight as to what I'm going to need to use....

Thanks in advance

Thursday, November 6, 2008 6:56 PM

All replies

• Tablet PC Platform components work down-level upto Windows XP. Depending on the complexity of your application, you might consider using Real Time Stylus APIs. You'll need to install additional SDK component (available for free through MSDN) on XP in order to use Real Time Stylus or Ink Analysis APIs.

Thanks,

Manoj

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:50 PM