none
Custom Tab Duplicating RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using W2010 and the Custom UI Editor. I have created multiple custom templates in the past which have been used by various groups of people. This is the first time this tab duplication has occurred. This template has one custom tab. Here is the client's feedback.

========================

The first document with this problem that I sent you previously was created by an ID using W2013. When she closed the doc to send it to our lead ID for review, it had one tab showing.

• When our lead ID (using W2010) opened the doc, she saw the two tabs.
    • The doc attached to this email was created by a different ID using W2010. Again, it had one tab when she finished with it and two tabs when our lead ID opened it.
    • This is a big project with six IDs. The lead ID has opened at least a dozen files written by everyone on the team (including me using W2007). Except for these two instances, so far, none of the other files have ended up with the extra code and tab.

=================

I have opened the documents with the duplicated tab and found/deleted the duplicated code using the Custom UI Editor app.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ken

Friday, December 19, 2014 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

What kind of tab is it? How do you create this tab? Would you please share some screenshots or the sample document here for us to reproduce the problem? You can upload the file in OneDrive and post the shared link here.

By the way, as far as I know, the customized Ribbon tab is specific to the Word application but not the Word documents. If the lead saw multiple tabs on his/her machine, the Ribbon tab should be customized by someone.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 22, 2014 6:43 AM
  • What is the file extension of the documents that exhibit this problem?

Is the person creating the documents that exhibit this problem using File>New to create the document from the template or are they opening the template using File>Open and then saving the document that they create?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

Friday, December 26, 2014 8:40 PM