How to modify default Permissions Settingsflyout that comes with all projects?

Question

• All apps come with this system generated Permissions settings flyout, but I can't find where this is located in the project. Can we add to this (like they did for the Bing weather app? And if so how?
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:37 PM

Answers

• This is not editable. The contents ate based on the permissions the app has asked for. What additions do you think Bing Weather made?
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:44 PM
    Owner
  • Correct. It's automatic. The app doesn't need to (and cannot) do anything explicitly to control this. If the app requests the capabilities the

page will show appropriate settings.

Monday, April 14, 2014 10:37 PM
    Owner

All replies

• This is not editable. The contents ate based on the permissions the app has asked for. What additions do you think Bing Weather made?
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:44 PM
    Owner
  • They added a toggle switch to enable disable location service and a whole bunch of other stuff.

They have done this even in the geolocation sample

Geolocation sample

But I cannot find where this toggle switch exists in the solution

Monday, April 14, 2014 5:11 PM
  • That's automatically added by the system when the app requests location capabilities. The app doesn't have any control over it.

Monday, April 14, 2014 5:41 PM
    Owner
  • So for example from IE

This toggle gets added dynamically at runtime by the application because  there is code to deliver notifications?

I don't have to manually add these like I do in Windows Phone 8?

• Edited by Sal_S Monday, April 14, 2014 6:02 PM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 6:01 PM
  • Correct. It's automatic. The app doesn't need to (and cannot) do anything explicitly to control this. If the app requests the capabilities the

page will show appropriate settings.

Monday, April 14, 2014 10:37 PM
    Owner