Where can I find breaking changes for Blend SP1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

As the title says, where can I find the breaking changes for Blend SP1?

Secondly, I'm having problem with showing images that are in Web project and not in Silverlight project. This feature worked in June preview as I would put the following in the source section of blend at design time:
    ../../Common/AboutUs.jpg

Now with SP1, no matter what I try, I get error at design time. What the change in syntax and where can I find these changes? But it works at runtime.

Thanks!

..Ben
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:47 PM

All replies

•  Blend should not have any breaking changes, per se. All of the breaking changes that happened were driven by the platform (Silverlight 2), and can be found here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/F/E/6FE1F43D-9D0C-4346-AD08-602DF9BCB3CF/BreakingChangesBetweenBeta2andRelease.doc

For the scenario that you are reporting, it looks like we broke something that worked in the June preview, but stopped working in th Blend 2 SP1 RC (which used to work in both Silverlight 2 Beta 2 and RC). If so, its just a one-off bug. Could you share a project repro?

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:53 PM
  • Unni Ravindranathan - MSFT said:

For the scenario that you are reporting, it looks like we broke something that worked in the June preview, but stopped working in th Blend 2 SP1 RC (which used to work in both Silverlight 2 Beta 2 and RC). If so, its just a one-off bug. Could you share a project repro?

Hi Unni;

Thanks for the reply; It's good news that there is no "Breaking changes" for Blend SP1 (no news is good news ;-)). After posting, I checked with June Preview and found out that June Preview did not show the image either but with no error message. However, the SP1 shows an error and that throw me off. I think I can get around the problem.

Thanks!

..Ben
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 2:55 AM